John M. Janney, M.A., APR
EFFECTIVE PUBLIC RELATIONS LEADERSHIP
An accomplished public relations professional with more than 20 years of experience growing non-profit and for-profit organizations. Possesses extensive executive level experience developing and executing strategic communications campaigns that produce measurable results. Adept at fostering productive corporate cultures with diverse, mission-focused team environments.
CAIR-DFW Dallas, TX 2018 – Present
Regional 501(c)(3) charity
Provided strategic leadership for the chapter’s continued growth and development, including staff management, board relations, financial management, community relations, public relations, civic engagement, government relations, and program development. Notable accomplishments include:
· Increased funding by 87.5 percent in the first five months
· Secured grants in the first two months to fund operational systems
· Established monthly podcast live event featuring local community members
· Created the popular Meet-a-Muslim Monday social video series
· Increased measurable interest in the organization by 98.95 percent
Muslim Legal Fund of America, Inc. Dallas, TX 2009 – 2018
National 501(c)(3) charity
Chief Communications Officer
Developed a comprehensive communications program that builds brand equity and improves the quality of donor relations and fundraising performance after the charity experienced nearly three years of stagnation. Notable accomplishments include:
· Worked with executive director to create a nationwide special events program that brings the organization's message to more than 200 communities per year and increased its donor base by 544.26 percent.
· Developed a research-based donor recognition campaign that increased donor retention by 25.25 percent and donor reactivation by 24.48 percent in less than 12 months.
· Added communications channels to deliver brand messaging and fundraising appeals that added 53.32 percent in new revenue and increased annual revenue by 201.82 percent.
· Built the organization's online audience from zero to more than 75,000.
· Revamped the organization's brand and established brand messaging policies that strengthened the organization's public image.
National Financial Awareness Network Columbia, MD 2004 – 2009
Financial literacy company, subsidiary of FSI Holding Corp
Managed all aspects of FSI Holding Corp’s internal and external communications. Quickly promoted to President of NFAN, which became the conglomerate’s most profitable subsidiary. Role included acting as Director of Public Relations for FSI Holding Corp and its subsidiaries.
· Increased value of licensed product by 36 percent through a strategic re-branding campaign.
· Enhanced staff knowledge, morale, productivity and retention via internal communications, employee engagement and improved training programs.
· Lengthened client retention and improved client satisfaction by writing and producing a client orientation DVD, developing an online support forum, revising client communications and writing a book about rebuilding damaged credit.
· Helped defeat harmful regulations by writing a report for legislators that demonstrated the positive impacts debt relief companies have on consumers and the economy.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION LEADERSHIP
Public Relations Society of America, Southwest District (PRSA SW)
Chair of Accreditation (2018)
Public Relations Society of America, Dallas Chapter (PRSA Dallas)
Board Member, Assistance Treasurer (2018)
Assembly Delegate, Alternate (2017)
Co-Chair of Accreditation Committee (2016)
Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
Judge, 2018 Renaissance PR Awards, Pennsylvania
Judge, 2017 Golden Spike PR Awards, Utah
Judge, 2017 Prism PR Awards, Arkansas
Judge, 2017 Mercury and Silver Wing PR Awards, South Carolina
Judge, 2016 Excalibur PR Awards, Buffalo-Niagara, New York
Kent State University
Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communications, Public Relations
University of Southern Mississippi
Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Mass Communications, Public Relations
Minors in Music Theory and