John M. Janney, MA, APR
EFFECTIVE PUBLIC RELATIONS LEADERSHIP
An accomplished public relations professional with more than 20 years of experience growing non-profit and for-profit organizations. Possesses extensive executive-level experience developing and executing strategic communications campaigns that produce measurable results. Adept at fostering productive corporate cultures with strong, mission-focused team environments.
Muslim Legal Fund of America, Inc. Dallas, TX 2009 – Present
National 501(c)(3) charity
Chief Communications Officer
Developed a comprehensive communications program that builds brand equity and improves the quality of donor relations and fundraising performance after the charity experienced nearly three years of stagnation. Notable accomplishments include:
· Worked with executive director to create a nationwide special events program that brings the organization's message to more than 200 communities per year and increased its donor base by 526.28 percent.
· Developed a research-based donor recognition campaign that increased donor retention by 25.25 percent and donor reactivation by 24.48 percent in less than 12 months.
· Added communications channels to deliver brand messaging and fundraising appeals that added 53.32 percent in new revenue and increased annual revenue by 182.26 percent.
· Built the organization's online audience from zero to more than 75,000.
· Revamped the organization's brand and established brand messaging policies that strengthened the organization's public image.
National Financial Awareness Network Columbia, MD 2004 – 2009
Financial literacy company, subsidiary of FSI Holding Corp
Managed all aspects of FSI Holding Corp’s internal and external communications. Quickly promoted to President of NFAN, which became the conglomerate’s most profitable subsidiary. Role included acting as Director of Public Relations for FSI Holding Corp and its subsidiaries.
· Increased value of licensed product by 36 percent through a strategic re-branding campaign.
· Enhanced staff knowledge, morale, productivity and retention via internal communications, employee engagement and improved training programs.
· Lengthened client retention and improved client satisfaction by writing and producing a client orientation DVD, developing an online support forum, revising client communications and writing a book about rebuilding damaged credit.
· Helped defeat harmful regulations by writing a report for legislators that demonstrated the positive impacts debt relief companies have on consumers and the economy.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION LEADERSHIP
Public Relations Society of America, Southwest District (PRSA SW)
Public Relations Society of America, Dallas Chapter (PRSA Dallas)
Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
Kent State University
University of Southern Mississippi